- Degree type
- Language of education
- 12 months
- Tuition fee EU/EEA
- Please enquire
- Tuition fee Non EU/EEA
- Please enquire
- Education type
- Start of program
- Application deadline
- Netherlands Government
- Type of institution
- University of Applied Sciences
The global financial crisis has clearly demonstrated the high relevance of risk management. There is great need to innovate risk management procedures, revise supervisory practices and improve the handling of systemic risk. Thus, the study of risk management has never been so relevant.
Duisenberg school of finance recognizes the need for this change and therefore offers students a challenging curriculum to prepare them for handling future extreme circumstances. The Risk Management program is taught using an integrative, highly analytical approach, one which combines an in-depth examination of real-world risk management problems with the underlying financial theory and methodological aspects (mathematics, stochastic processes, statistics) of risk management. Students will emerge from the Risk Management program prepared to enter a career in a field where top expertise is scarce.
- Syllabus designed by professors from top universities together with leading practitioners
- World-Class faculty and industry experts
- Facilitation of exclusive internship with a leading bank, financial institution or corporation
- One-on-one career guidance and job placement assistance
- The Duisenberg Leadership Program is a core part of all Master's Programs at DSF. In order to fulfill the school's mission to create financial leaders, students will take courses from the Leadership Program throughout the duration of their Master's study. These courses are dedicated to building leadership skills in finance.
The Risk Management program is the result of a co-operation between VU University Amsterdam and Duisenberg school of finance.
The curriculum was devised in close collaboration with the VU and the programs will be conducted at Duisenberg school of finance as part of the VU Master of Finance program.
Upon successful completion, the student will receive a certificate from Duisenberg school of finance and the title Master of Finance from the VU University Amsterdam. The title of Master of Finance is in accordance with the Higher Education and Research Act.
Duisenberg school of finance is a new top academic institution in the Netherlands. It is currently following the procedures necessary to obtain permission from the government to independently grant academic titles. At the moment, the title is awarded by VU University Amsterdam, although by 2012, Duisenberg school of finance expects to receive authorization to independently confer academic titles.
Admission requirementsPlease enquire
More information about Master Admission