International Student Fair Rio de Janeiro Brazil - Event Details
- International Student Fair Rio de Janeiro Brazil
- Rio Barra Tijuca and Rio Copacabana
- Start date
- Tuesday, 19-Mar-2019 starts 15:00
- End date
- Wednesday, 20-Mar-2019 ends 20:00
- Target Audience
- High school, College, Bachelor, Master, PhD, Professional, MBA, Graduate
- Price (as of)
- 2700 USD
+ International Student Fair Rio de Janeiro Brazil - Event Description
The International Student Fair Rio de Janeiro 2019 is part of a comprehensive higher education recruitment tour through Brazil. The fair is the most popular study abroad event in Brazil. Thousands of students come to this fair every year in order to discover study options at top schools South America, Europe and the United States. Among the exhibitors are language school, research universities, graduate and business schools from over 40 countries worldwide.
Other Brazilian events include: Curitiba, Belo Horizonte, Porto Alegre, Salvador, and Sao Paulo.Students will get to meet with the finest international colleges, universities and business schools. During the event, students can engage in one on one sessions with university, college and business school representatives, discussing program options and scholarship possibilities.
At the International Student Fair in Rio de Janeiro, exhibitors will get the opportunity to give presentations about their school (to be booked in advance). These interactive sessions enable schools to come into direct contact with prospective students and decision makers.
The International Student Fair in Rio de Janeiro is part of the Brazilian Education Fair Tour. This Tour is arguably the largest and most important education fair on the annual Latin American recruitment calendar. This education fair takes place twice a year in the nine most affluent and important cities in Brazil and attract over 100,000 visitors annually.
Why come to Rio - Brazil?
Brazil is the world's 6th largest economy and the largest national economy in Latin America. In terms of student recruitment, it is the largest market in the region. Rio de Janeiro is the second largest city of Brazil, and the third largest metropolitan area and agglomeration in South America, representing the second largest GDP in Brazil.
The city has six major universities, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro being the most famous, and 47 private schools of higher learning. In total, the larger Rio area is home to nearly half a million students. As such there is no city in South America with a bigger potential.
Lead management is a crucial component of any student recruitment campaign. The proprietary data scanner technology allows you to collect detailed student information in real time. All name, contact info and key information on what course, country and intended date of study are all captured. Your database will be ready for follow up the moment you walk out the door of the fair. Simple, easy, effective.
+ International Student Fair Rio de Janeiro Brazil - Event Program
19 March 2019
Education Fair in Rio de Janeiro - Rio Barra Tijuca
Education Fair in Rio de Janeiro - Copacabana
+ International Student Fair Rio de Janeiro Brazil - Visitor Info
Number of visitors at the Rio de Janeiro event in 2018
4.979 (1 day)
All the visitors of the Brazilian Tour (2018) combined expressed the following interest regarding studying abroad.
Countries of preference for Brazilian students attending the fairs
New Zealand: 21%
South Africa: 20%
Brazilian student are looking for programs taught in
Courses of interest among Brazilian visitors of the fair
Language courses: 44%
Master, MBA & Post grad: 22%
Certificate courses: 24%
Summer courses: 16%
College / high school / IB program: 17%
When are students planning to study abroad?
within 3 months - 13%
3 - 6 months - 23%
6 months to 1 year - 38%
> 1 year - 26%
+ International Student Fair Rio de Janeiro Brazil - Participants
A total numnber of 300 international universities took part in the 2018 Brazil Education Fair Tour. Here's a couple of them:
ELS Language Centres
University of California - Riverside
University of California - Irvine
New York Film Academy
University of Pennsylvania
Baruch College New York
Wilfrid Laurier University
British Columbia Institute of Technology
Art Institutes of Canada
William Angliss Institute
ESC Rennes School of Business (France)
Swiss Education Group (Switzerland)
University of Porto Business School (Portugal)
Baden Wurttemberg International (Germany)
+ International Student Fair Rio de Janeiro Brazil - Exhibitor Info
- An increasingly affluent population of over 194 million (5th largest in the world).
- Overtook UK in 2011 to become 6th largest economy in the world
- 43.5% of the Brazilian population is under 25 years old (source IBGE census 2010)
- 33.5% of the Brazilian population is under 19 (source IBGE census 2010)
- Estimated that over 385,000 students travelled abroad for overseas study in 2012
- Brazil will host the Olympics in 2016
- This has already created demand for people with international qualifications and language skills.
- Brazil sends more students to study abroad than any other country in Latin America
- Events attract high-quality, pre-screened students, parents and executives planning to study abroad in the near future
In 2017 a total number of 43,438 Brazilian students were studying abroad for a higher education degree. The most popular study abroad destinations among students from Brazil are:
USA - 13,349
Portugal - 6,372
France - 4,311
Germany - 3,790
UK - 2,713
Australia - 2,023
Canada - 1,956
Spain - 1,281
Italy - 1,042
Swiss - 519
Brazil Education Market information
For detailed information about the Brazilian Study Abroad Market, download the Brazilian Education Fair Toolkit. In this toolkit you will find information about:
- Number of students abroad, areas of interest, destination countries etc.
- Your competitors in Brazil
- How to reach Braziian students (popular websites, online behaviour, marketing opportunities)
- Online marketing trends in Brazil (focussing on hoger education)
- Scholarships for Brazilian students
You will find the Brazilian Education Fair Toolkit to be a clever source of information when you are looking to recruit students from Brazil.