International Student Fair Porto Alegre Brazil - Event Details
- International Student Fair Porto Alegre Brazil
- PUC Event Center
- Start date
- Thursday, 28-Mar-2019 starts 15:00
- End date
- Thursday, 28-Mar-2019 ends 20:00
- Target Audience
- High school, College, Bachelor, Master, PhD, Professional, MBA, Graduate
- Price (as of)
- 1900 USD
+ International Student Fair Porto Alegre Brazil - Event Description
This education fair takes place twice a year in the nine most affluent and important cities in Brazil and attract over 100,000 visitors annually.
The Brazilian Tour also has stop in: Sao Paulo, Curitiba, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro.
This international student fair in is supported by CAPES (Science without Borders) and by major national education bodies such as Education USA, Campus France, DAAD, Nuffic, Universidad.es and is particularly suitable for institutions participating in the Brazilian "Science without Borders" program.
Students will have the opportunity to be in direct contact with representatives and directors of international institutions, with simultaneous translation by former exchange students who have studied abroad.
Besides information on study possibilities abroad, students will find information on flights, visas, accommodation type, health insurance, foreign exchange, student ID and also seminars or lectures on how to have a successful international experience.
Lead management is a crucial component of any student recruitment campaign. The proprietary data scanner technology allows you to collect detailed student information in real time. All name, contact info and key information on what course, country and intended date of study are all captured. Your database will be ready for follow up the moment you walk out the door of the fair. Simple, easy, effective.
+ International Student Fair Porto Alegre Brazil - Visitor Info
Number of visitors attendking the previous Porto Alegre event
All the visitors of the Brazilian Tour (2018) combined expressed the following interest regarding studying abroad.
Countries of preference for Brazilian students attending the fairs
New Zealand: 21%
South Africa: 20%
Brazilian student are looking for programs taught in
Courses of interest among Brazilian visitors of the fair
Language courses: 44%
Master, MBA & Post grad: 22%
Certificate courses: 24%
Summer courses: 16%
College / high school / IB program: 17%
When are students planning to study abroad?
within 3 months - 13%
3 - 6 months - 23%
6 months to 1 year - 38%
> 1 year - 26%
+ International Student Fair Porto Alegre Brazil - Exhibitor Info
- An increasingly affluent population of over 194 million (5th largest in the world).
- Overtook UK in 2011 to become 6th largest economy in the world
- 43.5% of the Brazilian population is under 25 years old (source IBGE census 2010)
- 33.5% of the Brazilian population is under 19 (source IBGE census 2010)
- Estimated that over 385,000 students travelled abroad for overseas study in 2012
- Brazil will host the Olympics in 2016
- This has already created demand for people with international qualifications and language skills.
- Brazil sends more students to study abroad than any other country in Latin America
- Events attract high-quality, pre-screened students, parents and executives planning to study abroad in the near future
Latest Brazilian Higher Education Study Abroad Data (source: UNESCO Institute for Statistics)
In 2017 a total number of 43,438 Brazilian students were studying abroad for a higher education degree. The most popular study abroad destinations among students from Brazil are:
USA - 13,349
Portugal - 6,372
France - 4,311
Germany - 3,790
UK - 2,713
Australia - 2,023
Canada - 1,956
Spain - 1,281
Italy - 1,042
Swiss - 519
Brazil Education Market information
For detailed information about the Brazilian Study Abroad Market, download the Brazilian Education Fair Toolkit. In this toolkit you will find information about:
- Number of students abroad, areas of interest, destination countries etc.
- Your competitors in Brazil
- How to reach Braziian students (popular websites, online behaviour, marketing opportunities)
- Online marketing trends in Brazil (focussing on hoger education)
- Scholarships for Brazilian students
You will find the Brazilian Education Fair Toolkit to be a clever source of information when you are looking to recruit students from Brazil.